Care for the marine environment:
- Keep gear and equipment clean to minimise the spread of weeds and plant and animal diseases.
- Stay within fishing collection limits.
- Take rubbish with you and remove rubbish you find.
- Dispose of toilet waste properly.
- Be careful with chemicals.
- Respect cultural heritage sites and don’t visit them without permission.
- Consider plants and animals. If using power boats, find out what types of animals in the water with you. If penguins, be aware that propeller injuries are a possibility. Reduce speed and keep an eye out for birds.
- Be aware and considerate of other recreationists, particularly swimmers, snorkellers, divers and small water craft.