Land Safety Code
When heading out into nature, follow the Land Safety Code. These are five essential steps for staying safe in the outdoors so you can have a great trip.
- Choose the right trip for you – Learn about the route and make sure you have the skills for it.
- Understand the weather – It can change fast. Check the forecast and change your plans if needed.
- Pack warm clothes and extra food – Prepare for bad weather and an unexpected night out.
- Share your plans and take ways to get help – Telling a trusted person your trip details and taking a distress beacon can save your life.
- Take care of yourself and each other – Eat, drink and rest, stick with your group and make decisions together.
AdventureSmart also provides the Land Safety Code in different languages. Available in Te reo, Afrikaans, Simplified Chinese, Fijian, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Samoan, Tagalog, Thai and Tongan.