COVID-19: Stay at home
New Zealand is on COVID-19 Alert Level 4 state of emergency.
Everyone must stay at home. Recreation in the great outdoors needs to be put on hold.
- All huts, campsites and lodges (including those on Great Walks) are closed.
- All huts and campsite bookings are cancelled.
- You can't self-isolate at a DOC hut, lodge or campsite.
- Tracks and national parks are out of bounds.
- Do not go into the backcountry for tramping, hunting or other outdoor activities.
DOC's priority is to support New Zealand in stopping the spread of COVID-19 and saving lives. We must stay home to break the chain of community transmission of this deadly virus.
Check individual recreation pages for more alerts.