Ask us a question
- Visitor Centres – get tips and information about your visit
- DOC offices – make regional enquiries
- Media and communications team
- Official Information Act requests
- General enquiries
Tell us something
- Send feedback about this website or about your recent visit.
- Submit photos of our huts, campsites, tracks or places.
- Update your details for remedial payments if you were employed by DOC during 2010–17.
Report illegal activity
Ring the DOC emergency hotline 0800 DOC HOT (0800 362 468).
Illegal activity includes:
- illegal whitebaiting
- vandalism of huts and tracks
- removal of plants from reserves
- killing or catching native wildlife
- fishing in marine reserves
- disturbing marine mammals.
Report sick, injured or dead wildlife
- 1–2 animals: call the DOC emergency hotline 0800 DOC HOT (0800 362 468).
- 3 or more animals: call the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) pest and disease hotline 0800 80 99 66.
- Whale or dolphin strandings: call the DOC emergency hotline 0800 DOC HOT (0800 362 468).
Report conservation emergencies
Call the DOC emergency hotline 0800 DOC HOT (0800 362 468).
Conservation emergencies include damaged and/or unsafe visitor facilities.
Call 111 for all fire and search and rescue emergencies.