Drone use on conservation land
IntroductionArrange a permit to fly a drone over conservation land or near marine mammals.
Why do you need a permit?
All drone use on conservation land requires a permit, for both recreational and commercial purposes.
A permit ensures we:
- protect the local wildlife
- respect Māori cultural values by involving hapū and iwi
- let others enjoy the outdoors too
- consider people’s privacy
- prevent accidents and interference by following Civil Aviation Authority rules
- follow relevant policies and plans.