Kiwi Guardians at Te Henga/Bethells Beach
IntroductionDiscover the rugged beauty and rich history of Auckland’s west coast. This challenging walk takes you through native bush, over clifftops with amazing views and down to a beautiful secluded piece of west coast beach.
Adventure time: 1 hr 30 min
Distance: 4 km return
Travel: 37 km from central Auckland
- Follow the path of the Waitākere River as it weaves its way into the Tasman Sea.
- Keep an eye out for whales, dolphins and birds that sometimes call this beautiful coastline home.
- Explore O'Neill's Bay, and take in the amazing views of this unique area.
To get your medal
- Plan your visit to Te Henga Bethells Beach (Te Henga Walkway – Bethells Road to O'Neill Bay). Check for facilities and alerts before you go.
- Download the adventure map (PDF, 633K).
- Go on your adventure and find the code word on the Kiwi Guardians post.
Claim your medal
Claim your medal using the code word for this adventure. Each Kiwi Guardians adventure has a different medal – see how many you can collect.