Date: 08 October 2020
DOC is working to support the New Zealand Government’s COVID-19 response, keep everyone safe and stop the spread.
Take responsibility for your health and the health of others, when staying in huts, campsites and lodges and using toilets:
- stay home if you're unwell
- wash your hands regularly
- take and use your own cleaning and protective equipment. Leave facilities clean and fit for use by others
- keep a record of where you’ve been – tell someone before you go and use the hut intentions books
- huts, campsites and lodges cannot be used to self-isolate.
Hunting and whitebaiting is permitted.
Check this website for more information including hunting permits, track updates, closures and safety advice.