Kiwi Guardians at Maungauika/North Head
IntroductionMaungauika/North Head is an important historical site but it’s also a totally awesome place to explore. There are forts with interlinking tunnels, spooky caves, massive old guns, trees to climb, hills to run down – it’s got everything!
Adventure time: 30 min
Distance: 1 km loop
Travel: 16 km from central Auckland
Cost: Ferry fares
- See the giant old gun – boom!
- Explore the magical caves and mysterious dark tunnels – don't foget a torch.
- Watch all the boats coming in and out of the harbour. Hopefully they caught some fish.
To get your medal
- Plan your visit to Maungauika/North Head Historic Reserve. Check for facilities and alerts before you go.
- Download the adventure map (PDF, 1,810K)
- Go on your adventure and find the code word on the Kiwi Guardians post.
Claim your medal
Claim your medal using the code word for this adventure. Each Kiwi Guardians adventure has a different medal – see how many you can collect.