Kiwi Guardians at Brooklands Zoo
IntroductionWe may not be the largest zoo in New Zealand but at Brooklands Zoo we really pack some punch with our diverse range of species.
- Monkey see, monkey do! Check out the antics of the Bolivian squirrel monkeys, capuchins and the cotton-top tamarins.
- See meerkats up close – they like to pop their nose up to get a glimpse of you too.
- See oriental small-clawed otters, a brolga crane, farmyard animals, reptiles and amphibians.
- Walk through the free flight aviary and see and hear the colourful birds.
- Learn how you can help animals in the wild.
- Brooklands Zoo is situated within Pukekura Park – after your visit to the zoo take in some more nature and wander through the park’s diverse range of landscapes.
Download the Brooklands Zoo adventure map (PDF, 2,989K) and check out what you can do.
Go and explore
Look out for the Guardian Post when you get there. On it you'll find a special code word - write it down.
Getting there: Brooklands Zoo is located at the end of Brooklands Park Drive (within Pukekura Park), New Plymouth.
Claim your reward
Tell us the Brooklands Zoo Park code word to receive a Kiwi Guardians certificate and medal for this adventure.
Put the medal on your back pack or pencil case to show everyone the adventure you've had.
Each Kiwi Guardians place has a different medal - see how many you can collect.