The Otago CMS describes the conservation values present in Otago, and provides guidance for the Department's work in the form of a vision, objectives, outcomes for Places, policies and milestones; translating the Department's strategic outcomes to Otago.
This CMS will have effect for 10 years, or until formally amended or reviewed in full or in part.
Volume I includes:
- Part One: vision and objectives
- Part Two: outcomes, policies and milestones for Places
- Part Three: other specific policies that address legislative and general policy requirements
- Part Four: implementation monitoring and reporting, and review
- the glossary and appendices.
The vision and objectives in Part One, and the policies in Part Three, cover all public conservation lands and waters in Otago. The territorial jurisdiction aligns to the old Otago Conservancy boundary, which now covers parts of the Eastern South Island and Southern South Island Regions.
Volume II contains maps and a public conservation land inventory.
Note: This CMS includes minor amendments made in accordance with section 17I(4) of the Conservation Act 1987 and approved by the New Zealand Conservation Authority in February 2017.
Published by the Department of Conservation.
ISBN 978-0-478-15088-9 (print)
ISBN 978-0-478-15089-6 (online)
Volume II Maps
ISBN 978-0-478-15074-2 (web)
ISBN 978-0-478-15075-9 (print)