Running an event in your community is a brilliant way to support Conservation Week. This year we’re encouraging communities to take a moment to act for nature.
Popular types of Conservation Week events you might want to organise include:
- public lectures or talks
- guided walks
- photography workshops
- stream or water restoration
- planting days
- beach clean-ups and
- trap building workshops.
Once you’ve chosen the type of event you’d like to run, you can prepare for the day. To make your event engaging and help raise conservation awareness, you can prepare to:
- discuss what's special about the location of the event
- give some facts about the local plants and animals living in around the area
- offer ideas to your attendees on how to enjoy the outdoors.
List your event on Eventfinda and the DOC website will feature it automatically on our Conservation Week events page.
It’s free to join and list your event.
1. Make or login to your Eventfinda account and list your event.
2. When you create your Conservation Week event, copy and paste the following phrase into the description:
This event is part of Conservation Week 2022 - www.conservationweek.org.nz
Once your event goes live on Eventfinda, you’ll see it on the Conservation Week events page.
Tip: You can add your event under the category Festivals & Lifestyle > Conservation, Environment if it doesn't fit under the other categories.
We will have lots of resources available to help you promote your event, including posters, web and social media graphics, and templates.
When they are available you will be able to find them on the Support Conservation Week page.