Documents on this page:
- Operational planning for animal pest operations SOP
- Frequently used planning resources
- Abridged status list
- Caution period calculator
- Code of practice for aerial 1080 in kea habitat
- Pesticide information reviews
- Current agreed best practice for rodent eradication
Standard operating procedure (PDF, 693K)
This SOP supports effective planning of animal pest operations for conservation. Proper planning helps to achieve the project's desired conservation outcomes. The SOP outlines the step-by-step compulsory standards for planning, carrying out and reporting on pest operations.
The list below is a selection of the communication and operational planning resources that DOC uses for its animal pest control operations. Also included are fictitious examples to show how the templates are used.
- Communication plan template (PDF, 45K) or (XLS, 205K)
- Communication plan template user guide (PDF, 254K)
- Communication plan complex example (PDF, 1,190K) or (XLS, 326K)
- Consultation key facts pack template (PDF, 2,316K)
- Consultation key facts pack example (PDF, 2,421K)
- Notification key facts pact template PDF, 2,400K)
- Notification key facts pact example (PDF, 2,463K)
- Operational plan template (PDF, 58K)
- Operational plan aerial 1080 example (PDF, 345K)
- Operational plan DOC200 stoat trapping example (PDF, 265K)
- Operational plan goat hunting example (PDF, 272K)
- RMA Assessment of Environmental Effects template (PDF, 219K)
- RMA Assessment of Environmental Effects example (PDF, 643K)
Abridged status list (XLS, 104K)
This document lists all pesticide uses approved for broad scale use in New Zealand. It shows whether or not they are accepted for use on public conservation land and any compulsory restrictions or policies that may apply.
Caution period calculator (XLS, 212K)
This calculator helps pest managers decide on an estimated caution period to put into their application to use pesticides on public conservation land. A caution period is the timeframe (usually the number of months) after the last date of bait application (or bait removal) that the risk of pesticide residues to the public is expected to have passed.
Code of practice for aerial 1080 (PDF, 828K)
This code of practice sets out the compulsory performance standards that must be followed for aerial 1080 operations in areas where kea may be present on public conservation land.
DOC maintains a series of information reviews to support risk assessments and assessments of environmental effects relating to the use of vertebrate pesticides.
Rat eradication using aerial baiting (PDF, 552K)
This document provides detailed information about eradication design, planning and methods that should be applied to operational planning for eradicating rats using aerial broadcast of poison baits.
Mouse eradication using aerial baiting (PDF, 334K)
This document provides detailed information about eradication design, planning and methods that should be applied to operational planning for eradicating mice using aerial broadcast of poison baits.
Viewing files on this page
If you can't view these files contact us to request another format. About our files.