Near, there and far
IntroductionThis ‘nature taster’ activity aims to spark interest and connection with nature using your senses.
Keep a journal
Add your findings to a nature journal.
What to do
- Look out of a window or head outside.
- Sit quietly, individually and concentrate on your surroundings.
- Focus on what is near. What can you touch and see close to you? What is within reach?
- Use your other senses (eg, hearing and smell) to notice what is there.
- Concentrate on what is far away. Which senses can you use to notice what is far away?
- Record your findings under the three headings, Near, There and Far.