Did you know?
More time in nature helps to keep our eyes healthy.
Explore your nature
- Have a look in shallow water or rock pools.
- Catch a fish with a net and bucket of water. Make sure to put them back where you found them.
- Play fish colour bingo.
- Sit still and quietly on a river bank. Look carefully for movement in the water. Our native fish are shy and won’t come out if they feel frightened.
- Swim or move like a fish.
- Make a home for fish to live in.
- Draw a picture of your favourite fish.
Share your fishy movements, drawings and buildings with whānau and friends.