Goldie Bush Walkway
Located in Muriwai and Te Henga area in the Auckland region
IntroductionGoldie Bush Scenic Reserve offers a variety of walks through coastal kauri forest, taking in the impressive Mokoroa Falls.
4.5 km one way
Goldie Bush Walkway can be walked from either Constable Rd or Horsman Rd.
From Constable Rd the walkway descends through the Motutara Scenic Reserve to cross Mokoroa Stream. The track then enters the Goldie Bush Scenic Reserve, climbing through coastal forest with regenerating kauri, exiting at Horseman Rd.
Time: 4 - 5 hr
Distance: 4.5 km
For a longer, more challenging loop walk, walk the Mokoroa Stream Track and return to the Mokoroa Falls Track via the Goldie Bush Walkway.
The Goldie Bush Walkway is in between Muriwai and Waitākere, on Auckland's west coast, approximately 45 km from Auckland City.
You can access the southern end of the track from Horsman Road, Waitākere. Ensure you keep a look out for the entrance and carpark area on your right, 1.6 km from the start of Horsman Road.
Note: Parking is limited. Do not park in the 'No Parking' areas signposted. These areas allow unrestricted access for local residents and emergency services. Auckland Transport may tow your vehicle.
Access to the northern end of the track can be gained from the beginning of Constable Road, Muriwai.
- Track becomes slippery after periods of rain.
- There are numerous stream crossings - do not attempt after heavy rain.
- A substantial rock fall occured at Mokoroa Falls during March 2014 and again in August 2020. There are unstable rocks and a danger of further rock falls. Stay well clear of the area below the Mokoroa Falls.
Stay safe in the outdoors
- Take the right gear for your trip: Walking and tramping gear lists.
- Tell a trusted person your plans and when to raise the alarm if you haven’t returned. Send them the information directly, or use the Outdoor Intentions form or Plan My Walk.
- Follow the five essential steps of the Land Safety Code.
|Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland Visitor Centre|
|Phone:||+64 9 379 6476|
No physical address
Contact via email or phone
PO Box 32026
|Full office details|