Nature Heritage Fund
IntroductionThis fund helps private landowners, local government, community groups, and others permanently protect high value ecosystems.
The Nature Heritage Fund is open for applications until 28 February 2023. There is up to $6.9 million to allocate.
This funding round will give priority to selected ecosystems that are threatened and naturally uncommon.
Applications for areas that contain other native ecosystems will also be considered.
Who can apply
Applications can be made to the fund by:
- private landowners
- local and regional government bodies, and local authority trading enterprises
- professional and community-based organisations
- local, regional, and national “umbrella” organisations
- non-government organisations (NGOs)
- central government departments and agencies.
SILNA forest owners can also apply to the Nature Heritage Fund to protect SILNA forests.