Who can apply
Applications can be made to the fund by:
- private landowners
- local and regional government bodies, and local authority trading enterprises
- professional and community-based organisations
- local, regional, and national “umbrella” organisations
- non-government organisations (NGOs)
- central government departments and agencies.
SILNA forest owners can also apply to the Nature Heritage Fund to protect SILNA forests.
The Nature Heritage Fund Committee will assess applications at their meeting scheduled for 22-23 October 2019. More will be published in late August 2019 on the types of applications they’ll consider and the deadline for receipt of applications.