What to expect
You could be contacted anywhere between 4–14 days before an activity. You'd be helping our biodiversity rangers while they do pest control, bird monitoring or weed control.
Who should apply
Contact us if you have any of these skills:
- first Aid skills
- off-track navigation with GPS, map and compass skills
- Medium fitness.
- Previous experience with pest control. Ideal but not necessary
What to bring
- Food for lunch
- Water bottle or camel pack
- Sun hat, raincoat
- Personal medication
- Good footwear (boots preferred)
DOC will provide
- Safety Hi-vis vest
- gloves and eye-wear if required
- drinking water and a snack
- first-aid kit
How to apply
Complete the online form or contact Teresa McCauley.
If you have any questions, contact:
Teresa McCauley, Community Ranger
Phone: +64 27 247 9176