2 km south of Masterton, turn off SH2 at signpost to Mt Holdsworth, Norfolk Rd. Drive along road into Mount Holdsworth Rd. The campsite is 15 km from SH turnoff. Sealed road access, gravel carpark.
Mount Holdsworth Rd, 15 km west of Masterton.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1808984, N5468482
Latitude: -40.90666847, Longitude: 175.48016448
- Adult (18+ years): $8 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $4 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
Pay cash on arrival at the self-registration stand at the campsite.
Know before you go
- Please take home all non-recyclable rubbish
Permission to have a camp fire at this site is determined by the Wairarapa Rural Fire District (WRFD) fire season status. See the WRFD website for the current status.
- Open season: Campfires are allowed during this season, using a caretaker allocated on-site brazier. There is a limited supply of braziers available. For more information contact the on-site caretaker, ph +64 6 377 0022.
- Restricted season: A permit is required during this season. Permits are issued by the on-site caretaker.
- Prohibited season: Campfires are strictly prohibited during this season.
- Extreme care must be taken with camp fires. Read more about taking care with stoves and fires.