IntroductionAt the eastern park entrance beneath the Tararua Ranges. Enjoy walks, fishing and swimming nearby. There are also grassed areas for sports.
- Fire pit/place for campfires (except in fire bans)
- Non-powered/tent sites
- Shelter for cooking
- Toilets - flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
- Walking and tramping
Fires permitted in designated fire places and only if there is no fire ban. Check rules and fire bans before you light.
Holdsworth Lodge provides accommodation for 28 (bookings required).
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5–17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0–4 years): free
- Cash on arrival at the self-registration stand at the campsite, or
- Eftpos on arrival with the campsite warden.
There is a maximum of seven days per stay for this site.
The DOC Campsite Pass can be used at this campsite.
2 km south of Masterton, turn off SH2 at signpost to Mt Holdsworth, Norfolk Rd. Drive along road into Mount Holdsworth Rd. The campsite is 15 km from SH turnoff. Sealed road access, gravel carpark.
Mount Holdsworth Rd, 15 km west of Masterton.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1808984, N5468482
Latitude: -40.90666847, Longitude: 175.48016448
- Recycling facilities available.
- Take home all non-recyclable rubbish.
If the fire season allows for camp fires, they can only be lit in an on-site brazier allocated by the caretaker. Contact the on-site caretaker on +64 6 377 0022.