Located in Holdsworth area and Tararua Forest Park in the Wairarapa region
IntroductionThis lodge is ideal for families and groups, and can also be used for the first night of a tramp into the Tararua Forest Park.
- Heating - wood
- Kitchen - fully equipped
- Shower - hot
- Toilet - flush
- Walking and tramping
Situated on a large grassy area surrounded by native forest. The lodge is ideal for families and groups.
- Sleeps 28 – 20 in the Bunk Room (separate bunks), 4 in the Kākā Room, 4 in the Kererū Room
- Electric lighting
- Electric stove, fridge, freezer
- Microwave, toasters
- Pots, pans, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery
- Zip hot water heater
- Wood heating (fuel supplied) in dining/lounge area. Heat pump in the bunk room.
- Flush toilet
- Hot showers
Adult (18 plus) $27 per bunk
Youth /or Child (5 to 17 years) $13.50 per bunk
Infant (0 to 4 years) free
Kererū and Kākā rooms
$86 for each room
Entire lodge – bunkrooms, Kererū and Kākā rooms
$388 for the entire lodge
To book the entire lodge call the Wellington Visitor Centre.
Camping in the proximity of the lodge is only available to guests who have booked a bunk or room and would prefer to camp, or to a group who have booked the entire lodge (sole occupancy) and have extra people they want to add to the booking.
Up to 17 campers can be booked. This allows for 45 guests in a group for any given booking – 28 in the lodge and 17 extra campers
$12 per adult (18 plus)
$6 per youth or child (5 to 17 years)
Bookings are open for stays up to 30 June 2023.
Bookings for 1 July 2023 – 30 June 2024 will open in 2023. The opening date will be announced on this page in late March 2023.
All bookings operate on a first-come first-served basis. We do not operate waiting lists for bookings for future seasons, or currently booked-out facilities.
Bookings are required.
A $10 service fee applies to phone and in-person booking. This is a limited service – book online first. An in-person booking is dependent on there being space available.
Off SH2 onto Norfolk Rd, 2 km south of Masterton. This is signposted and there is a timber processing plant on the corner. The lodge is at the road end, 15 km from the turnoff.
- Bedding is not supplied. Please bring your own sheets, blankets or sleeping bags and pillows.
- Holdsworth Lodge and its facilities are only available to those with a confirmed lodge booking.
- There is no parking at the lodge. Large groups: please arrange gear drop off with the caretaker.
- All vehicles must be parked in the public carpark.
Holdworth Lodge can be used for the first night of a tramp into the park. Large groups can take advantage of the extensive camping area around the lodge. There are a number of short walks and good fishing in the Atiwhakatu River year round and swimming in the summer.
|Kapiti Wellington Visitor Centre|
|Phone:||+64 4 384 7770|
18 - 32 Manners Street
PO Box 10420
|Full office details|