A Campsite Pass offers excellent value for your camping adventures. Purchase one online or at a DOC visitor centre when planning your next holiday.
There are 7-night, 30-night, and 365-night passes to choose from. Note that the passes are for consecutive nights from the nominated start date.
How to buy a Campsite Pass
Go to our online booking system and log in or create an account. Choose your preferred Pass, and select the date you first want to use the Pass on.
Once payment is completed via the secured online payment portal, the Pass will be linked to your DOC account. You will receive a booking confirmation email with a digital Pass PDF document.
Buy through a visitor centre
If you need assistance with purchasing your pass, call or email the:
They will enter your pass online for you. A service fee of $10 may apply.
|Age group||7-night* pass||30-night* pass||1 year (365-night*) pass|
|Adult 18 years plus||$55||$80||$140|
|Child/Youth 5-17 years||$27.50||$40||$70|
|Infant 0-4 years||Free||Free||Free|
*Note that the passes are for consecutive nights from the nominated start date.
If you are part of an organisation that receives a discount on passes or other DOC products, contact your organisation for more information about how to access that discount.
NZ Motor Caravan Association members can find information about DOC passes and accommodation on the NZMCA website.
How to use a Campsite Pass
For bookable campsites
- Log in to your acccount on our online booking system.
- Select the campsite you wish to stay at, enter the number of people who hold a Campsite Pass and the number of people who do not hold a Pass.
- The booking system will automatically calculate fees payable at the time of booking (if any) for non-Pass holders or excluded times or sites.
- Continue to fill out your vehicle registration number, accept the terms and conditions, then reserve.
- Review your selections, dates, and total costs before continuing to check out or continue shopping.
- Email confirmation of your booking will be sent to your account email address. Take this confirmation and a copy of your Campsite Pass with you when you go camping.
If all people booked are Pass holders, and it is not an excluded site or date range, the price will be shown as zero. However, for stays after 1 July for powered campsites, there is a $3 fee per Pass user.
You need to book ahead
Campsite Pass bookings must be completed before occupying a site as required by the terms and conditions of the Pass.
If you choose not to pre-book, campground staff (if present) may be able to make the booking for you if space is available. There is a $10 charge for this service.
If using the Campsite Pass you should book well in advance. If no space is available you will be turned away and have to find an alternative place to stay.
For non-bookable/self-registration campsites
Non-bookable/self-registration campsites operate on a first-come first-served basis. The Campsite Pass does not give preference to staying at non-bookable campsites.
On arrival, Pass users will need to register by using a self-registration envelope/document and pay for any people in the party not covered by a Campsite Pass.
Proof of a Campsite Pass, print or digital, and identification must be available on request.
Where you can't use the Campsite Pass
This Campsite Pass gives you access to most DOC conservation campsites throughout New Zealand. However there are some campsites where you can't use the Campsite Pass.