Plan your visit to Fiordland National Park
Information and services available:
- Great Walks and backcountry tracks information, tickets and maps
- track conditions and weather forecasts
- short walks and family friendly activities
- hunting and fishing permits, didymo clean gear certificates
- books, postcards, clothing and gifts - and last minute essential items for your trip.
Learn about conservation in Fiordland:
- get details about our conservation projects and how you can get involved
- watch our 20-minute film Stepping into Fiordland National Park (screens on demand)
- museum showing the natural and human history and features of Fiordland
- learn about Fiordland's special birds, the endangered takahē and kākāpō, and the work we do to protect them.
We are open every day of the year. After hours weather and track information, and public telephone, are available in our 24-hour access foyer. Open daily:
- 1 May 2018 to 22 October 2018 8.30 am – 4.30 pm weekdays, 8.30am to 4pm (closed from 12 noon to 12.30pm for lunch) on Saturday and Sunday
- 23 October 2018 to 30 April 2019 8.00am - 5.00pm
- Christmas Day 2018 8.30am - 11.30am
We are on the waterfront, at the corner of Lakefront Drive and SH95 Manapouri Highway, a 10 minute walk from Te Anau's main street.