Plan your visit to Fiordland National Park
Information and services available:
- Great Walks and backcountry tracks information, tickets and maps
- track conditions and weather forecasts
- short walks and family friendly activities
- hunting permits and didymo clean gear certificates
- books, postcards, clothing and gifts and last minute essential items for your trip.
Learn about conservation in Fiordland:
- get details about our conservation projects and how you can get involved
- watch our 20-minute film Stepping into Fiordland National Park (screens on demand)
- museum showing the natural and human history and features of Fiordland
- learn about Fiordland's special birds, the endangered takahē and kākāpō, and the work we do to protect them.
From 24 October – 30 April we are open 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Saturday. Closed for lunch 12 pm – 1 pm daily.
We are closed on Sundays to accommodate limited staffing due to Omicron.
Phone us or check here for any last minute updates to our opening hours. Due to Omicron impacts we may need to close our visitor centre at short notice for a period of time.
From 1 May – 24 October we are open 9 am – 4 pm Monday to Saturday. Closed for lunch 12 pm – 1 pm daily.
Anzac Day 25 April
We are open 1 pm – 4.30 pm.
Closed Christmas Day
We are closed Christmas Day.
We’re on the waterfront, at the corner of Lakefront Drive and SH95 Manapouri Highway. It's a 10 minute walk from Te Anau's main street.