Plan your visit to Fiordland National Park
Information and services available:
- Great Walks and backcountry tracks information, tickets and maps
- track conditions and weather forecasts
- short walks and family friendly activities
- hunting and fishing permits, didymo clean gear certificates
- books, postcards, clothing and gifts - and last minute essential items for your trip.
Learn about conservation in Fiordland:
- get details about our conservation projects and how you can get involved
- watch our 20-minute film Stepping into Fiordland National Park (screens on demand)
- museum showing the natural and human history and features of Fiordland
- learn about Fiordland's special birds, the endangered takahē and kākāpō, and the work we do to protect them.
After hours weather and track information are available in our 24-hour access foyer.
Open every day of the year:
1 May to 22 October 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
23 October to 30 April 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Christmas Day 8:30 am – 11:30 am
We are on the waterfront, at the corner of Lakefront Drive and SH95 Manapouri Highway, a 10 minute walk from Te Anau's main street.