IntroductionCamp next to a beautiful beach and alongside a stream. The site is surrounded by forest and coastal bush. You must provide your own chemical toilet at this site.
- Mountain bike
- Dump station
- Non-powered/tent sites
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
- Diving and snorkelling
- Walking and tramping
Opens Labour Weekend and closes after Easter.
Can reach full capacity over Christmas and New Year.
Fires are not permitted at any time. See fire rules on conservation land.
Facilities and services
- Toilets are not provided – campers must bring or have access to a chemical toilet.
- Chemical dump stations are provided all season for cassette toliets.
- Rubbish bags are provided over the Christmas/New Year period only. These are collected between 10 am and 10:30 am every second day. Take all rubbish with you otherwise.
- Water is limited. Bring your own.
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5–17 years): $5 per
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
Pay at the time of booking.
The DOC Campsite Pass can be used at this campsite.
Bookings are open for stays from 21 October 2022 to 10 April 2023.
A $10 service fee applies to phone and in-person booking. This is a limited service – book online first. An in-person booking is dependent on there being space available.
Your booking will be for your chosen site.
Turn off SH35 onto Anaura Road, about 67 km north of Gisborne. Travel a further 8.7 km down Anaura Road.
Anaura Bay is north of Tolaga Bay and south of Tokomaru Bay.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E2064734, N5754983
Latitude: -38.2330462, Longitude: 178.30831797
Anaura Bay Walkway is located at the northern end of Anaura Bay.
Other walks in the area include: