Facilities and services
- Cold shower, solar lighting, BBQ, gas cookers and a solid fuel burner.
- A warden is present at all times.
- Water is limited and not always available.
Check in and out
Check in: 2:30 pm
Check out: 9 am
The kitchen and bunkrooms are closed between 9 am and 2.30 pm. For emergency assistance, try the warden's hut.
Sunday to Friday
- Adult (18+ years): $25 per night
- Child/youth (5-17 years): $12.50 per night
- Infant (0-4 years): free
- Adult (18+ years): $30 per night
- Child/youth (5–17 years): $15 per night
- Infant: (0-4 years): free
Backcountry Hut Passes can only be used in this hut from 1 May to 30 September.
Backcountry Hut Passes cannot be used from 1 October to 30 April.
A $10 service fee applies to phone and in-person booking. This is a limited service – book online first. An in-person booking is dependent on there being space available.
Your hut booking is for any bunk bed, not for a specific bunk bed – select your bunk bed on arrival.
Pinnacles Hut in the upper Kauaeranga Valley is a three hour walk from the roadend.
Tracks to this hut
Kauaeranga Kauri Trail (Pinnacles Walk)Located in Coromandel Forest Park and Kauaeranga ValleyThis popular walk leads to Pinnacles Hut, and on to the summit of the Pinnacles with spectacular views of the Coromandel Peninsula. It can be completed as a day or overnight walk.1 alertDuration 3 hr one wayDifficulty Intermediate
Rangihau TrackLocated in Coromandel Forest Park and Kauaeranga ValleyThis track descends from Pinnacles Hut to Rangihau Road end.Duration 6 hr one wayDifficulty Advanced
Topo50 map sheet: BB35
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1841123, N5897069
- Bring your own water if doing the day walk (around 2 to 3 litres).
- Bring your own eating and cooking utensils.