Totora Flats Hut sits on river flats above Waiohine River.
- Bunks - platform (shared) bunks with mattresses in two bunkrooms
- Water supply - inside taps with cold water from a rain collection tank
- Heating - wood burner with firewood provided
- Long drop toilet a short walk from the hut
- Sleeping bag
- Cooking stove, pots/pans and utensils
- Toilet paper
- Rubbish bag
- Newspaper/firelighters and matches/lighter for the wood burner/fire
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per night
- Youth (11–17 years): $7.50 per night
- Child/Infant: (0–10 years): free
Before you go, buy 1 Serviced Hut Ticket (green) or 3 Standard Hut Tickets (blue for adults, yellow for youth) for each night's stay. Put these in the honesty box at the hut. Or buy a Backcountry Hut Pass for unlimited use at most Serviced and Standard huts for a 6 or 12 month period.
Bookings are open for stays up to 30 June 2023.
Bookings for 1 July 2023 – 30 June 2024 will open in 2023. The opening date will be announced on this page in late March 2023.
All bookings operate on a first-come first-served basis. We do not operate waiting lists for bookings for future seasons, or currently booked-out facilities.
Bookings are required all year.
A $10 service fee applies to phone and in-person booking. This is a limited service – book online first. An in-person booking is dependent on there being space available.
Your hut booking is for any bunk bed, not for a specific bunk bed – select your bunk bed on arrival.
Tracks to this hut
Holdsworth - Kaitoke TrackLocated in Holdsworth area and Tararua Forest ParkThis is one of the classic tramps of the Tararua Forest Park. It follows the Waiohine and Tauherenikau rivers between Holdsworth and Kaitoke.Duration 2-3 daysDifficulty Advanced
NZTopo50 map sheet: BP33
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1802321, N5465946