Tutuwai is a popular hut on the Holdsworth - Kaitoke Track and can be reached from either Waiohine or Marchant Roads.
Approximate times from nearest roads and hut
- Marchant Road end: 4 hr 30 min
- Waiohine Valley Road end via Mt Reeves Track: 4 hr
- Cone Hut: 1 hr
NZTopo50 map sheet: BP33
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1795505, N5457535
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per night
- Youth (11 - 17 years): $7.50 per night
- Child/Infant: (0 - 10 years): free
Before you go, buy 1 Serviced Hut Ticket (green for adults, orange for youth) or 3 Standard Hut Tickets (blue for adults, yellow for youth) for each night's stay. Put these in the honesty box at the hut. Or buy a Backcountry Hut Pass for unlimited use at most Serviced and Standard huts for a 6 or 12 month period.
Read more about hut tickets and passes | Find retailers that sell hut tickets