IntroductionCamp beside the Routeburn River. Walk to Lake Sylvan via the bridge or day walk the start of the Routeburn Great Walk. Fish in the river (fly fishing only).
- Rivers and lakes
- Non-powered/tent sites
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
- Wheelchair accessible
Fires are not permitted at any time. See fire rules on conservation land.
No water in tank in winter. Bring your own or collect from river.
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per night
- Child (5–17 years): $7.50 per night
- Infant (0–4 years): free
The DOC Campsite Pass can be used at this campsite.
From Glenorchy, follow the Glenorchy - Paradise Road. Turn left into Priory Road then right into Kinloch - Routeburn Road.
Gravel road from Dart River bridge.
Grid reference: NZTM2000, E1228654-N5036233
Latitude: -44.73091697, Longitude: 168.3103533
- If you intend to tramp further advance bookings are required for Great Walk huts and campsites.
- Sylvan campsite may flood in heavy rain.