IntroductionThis flat campsite is in a sheltered bay and offers a good base for exploring the area by sea or land.
- Non-powered/tent sites
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
Fires are not permitted at any time. See fire rules on conservation land.
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5–17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0–4 years): free
The DOC Campsite Pass can be used at this campsite.
Turn off Queen Charlotte Drive into Kenepuru Rd and follow 3 km past Portage.
Narrow, winding road.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1688088-N5438992
Latitude: -41.19530493, Longitude: 174.04948613
- All groups must include a responsible adult 18+.
- Fires not permitted at any time.
- Quiet hours are from 9.30 pm – 6.30 am.
- Generators allowed from 5.30 pm – 7.30 pm only.
- Music players must be used with headphones or played at a level not audible to neighbouring campsites.
If you plan to enjoy the water, learn how to stay safe when swimming, boating and fishing.