Kenepuru Head Campsite
Located in Pelorus Sound/Te Hoiere and Kenepuru Sound area in the Marlborough region
IntroductionPicturesque setting and a great base for a range of activities, including boating, fishing, walking and mountain biking on the nearby Queen Charlotte Track.
- Non-powered/tent sites
- Shelter for cooking
- Shower - cold
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
- Wheelchair accessible with assistance
- Mountain biking
- Walking and tramping
Fires are not permitted at any time. See fire rules on conservation land.
- All groups must include a responsible adult 18+.
- Quiet hours are from 9.30 pm to 6.30 am.
- Generators from 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm only.
- Music players must be used with headphones or played at a level not audible to neighbouring campsites.
- No rubbish facilities are provided – take all rubbish with you when you leave.
9 February to 25 December
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
26 December to 8 February
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $7.50 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
- Online year round when you make a booking.
- Cash – bring the correct amount as we cannot give change.
- Sounds Campground Passes, pre-purchased through i-SITEs.
- Credit card / eftpos when host is present, usually November to March.
The DOC Campsite Pass can be used at this campsite.
Campsite Pass bookings must be booked online before occupying a site. If you do not pre-book, bookings may be made by campground staff (if present) and will incur a $10 service charge.
Bookings are open for stays up to 30 June 2023.
Bookings for the 2023/24 season have been delayed. Check here on 14 June 2023 when we will announce the new booking opening dates.
All bookings operate on a first-come first-served basis. We do not operate waiting lists for bookings for future seasons, or currently booked-out facilities.
Book Kenepuru Head Campsite online.
Take your booking confirmation letter with you and display it clearly at your campsite at all times – the camp host requires proof of booking/payment from all visitors.
A $10 service fee applies to phone and in-person booking. This is a limited service – book online first. An in-person booking is dependent on there being space available.
Your booking will be for a site, which will be allocated or selected on arrival.
Turn off Queen Charlotte Drive at Linkwater into Kenepuru Road and follow for 40 km to Kenepuru Head. Sealed, narrow and winding road.
The closest boat launching is at Sandy Bay, 2.5 kms before the camp travelling from Portage.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1693687, N5441491
Latitude: -41.17382446, Longitude: 174.1180851
If you plan to enjoy the water, learn how to stay safe when swimming, boating and fishing.
|Whakatū / Nelson Visitor Centre|
|Phone:||+64 3 546 9339|
|Fax:||+64 4 471 1117|
Millers Acre/Taha o te Awa
79 Trafalgar Street
Private Bag 5
|Full office details|