There is a boat ramp next to the campsite and a jetty nearby.
- Fush toilets, sinks and cold showers available.
- Wheelchair accesible with assistance.
- Water must be boiled, treated or filtered
Te Aumiti/French Pass is in the Marlborough Sounds.
Turn off SH 6 north of Rai Valley into Ronga Road which becomes Croisilles-French Pass Road. Follow this for 70 km to the end. The road is partially unsealed and is narrow and winding.
Te Aumiti/French Pass can also be accessed by boat.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1670992, N5469085
Latitude: -40.92601755, Longitude: 173.84247534
- Adult (18+ years): $13 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $6.50 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
- 30 December – 42January: Minimum 2 night stay.
- 15 December - 7 February: Minimum fee per site is two adults for up to the first two people regardless of age.
- Credit/EFTPOS payment is only available between 1 December and Easter at the camp.
Bring cash with you, no ATMs are available at French Pass.
If you have not pre-booked, pay cash on arrival at the self-registration stand. The Camp Manager checks payments daily.
EFTPOS/Credit Card payment is only available for payment between 1 December and Easter at the camp.
The campsite pass for rental campervans cannot be used at this campsite.
The DOC/NZMCA Campsite Pass can be used at this campsite except between 20 December and the end of Waitangi weekend.
Backcountry Hut Passes cannot be used at this campsite.
Book well in advance for the peak period from 1 December – 28 February and for public holiday weekends. At other times bookings are suggested but not essential.
There is a minimum two night stay from 30 December - 2 January.
Book French Pass Campsite online or contact:
French Pass Campsite
Phone: +64 3 576 5298 - Please note this phone is not monitored every day so there may be a delay in replying to your message.
Online bookings are recommended as there is a fee for phone bookings.
Before you book:
Walking and tramping
Walk the French Pass Lookout Track and watch the tide race through the narrow gap between D'Urvillle Island and the mainland.
Know before you go
- No dogs or pets
- No fires
- No generators
- Hours of quietness - 9.30 pm to 6.30 am