This is one of nine campsites beside the Kauaeranga River.
Follow the Kauaeranga Valley Rd from Thames for 14 km to the visitor centre.
Booms Flat campsite is 6 km north of the Kauaeranga Visitor Centre, third campsite on left.
Access: Gravel road.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1835612, N5893058
Latitude: -37.07835079, Longitude: 175.65044355
- Adult (18+ years): $13 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $6.50 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
Historical walk nearby passes through native bush.
Know before you go
- Pay camp fees at the Kauaeranga Visitor Centre.
- Dogs are permitted at Booms Flat and Hotoritori campgrounds but are strictly prohibited from all other campgrounds in the valley, and must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Dogs on a leash are permitted on most walking tracks but not the Kauaeranga Kauri Trail, the Pinnacles track or at the Pinnacles Hut.
- No other domestic animals are allowed except for horses on the horse riding trail.