Photo submissions temporarily closed
Thank you for sending in your photos – we’ve received a fantastic response.
We’re temporarily closing the submissions inbox, so we have time to sort through all the stunning photos you've sent us. If you submitted, thank you. We appreciate you sharing your images with us.
If you haven’t sent your photos in yet, not to worry, we’ll open submissions again in the future with a list of the places we’re still missing images for.
We allow photos shared with us to be used by our partners, individuals or other organisations. We apply the Creative Commons licence Attribution (CC BY 2.0).
Let us know if:
- you want us to apply a different Creative Commons licence
- you don't want your photo to be used by others – we'll add a copyright symbol (however we are less likely to use your photo).
We aren't able to download copyrighted photos. If your submission is a link to your flickr gallery, make sure your flickr permissions are set to allow Creative Commons use, or send us a dropbox link.
- If we use your photo, you'll be given a credit with the photo.
- If you supply a link to your flickr account, instagram, blog or website we can link to it in the credit.
Terms and conditions
By submitting your photo you agree to the following:
- You are granting the Department of Conservation (DOC) permission to use your photo as it sees fit, for the sole purpose of promoting conservation and recreation activities.
- You are granting permission for your photo to be used in any medium or form of distribution, including but not limited to: the DOC website, social media channels, brochures, posters and other printed material. We may need to crop your photo, depending on how we use it.
- Depending on which licence you have selected, your photo may be shared with DOC's partners, individuals, or other third party organisations.
- You will not receive any payment if DOC decides to use your photo however you will always receive credit/acknowledgement whenever your photo is used. This will occur either in a picture credit, caption, link or acknowledgement within the publication.
- You retain copyright and intellectual property of the photo.
- You warrant that you hold all copyright and intellectual property in your photo.
- You indemnify and hold harmless both the Director-General and Minister of Conservation against all claims brought by any third party claiming breach of copyright or privacy breach in the photo.