Our knowledgeable and friendly staff can provide you with information and advice about:
- visiting the world famous Franz Josef and Fox glaciers safely
- recreation opportunities throughout the glacier region and beyond – find out about day walks, back country tramping and huts
- commercial activities in the area – boat tours, glacier walks, scenic flights, skydiving, quad bikes, horse treks and kayaking
- conservation projects and volunteering opportunities.
Learn about the natural features and history of the area and see what’s happening with conservation in the local area.
Don’t forget to check the latest weather forecast and read the essential glacier valley safety information.
Quality merchandise, maps and hut tickets available for purchase.
The opening hours for the Centre are:
- Summer: 8.30am to 6.00pm (late October to mid April)
- Winter: 8.30am to 5.00pm
The Visitor Centre is located on Cron Street, Franz Josef village.