Located in the Otago region
Visit Chapman Road Scientific Reserve where there are native plants and moths.
Alexandra is at the junction of SH8 and SH65.
Alexandra area has a number of historic sites from the gold mining era of the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Alexandra Courthouse opened in 1879 and had important role in the life and administration of the Central Otago goldfields. Today it's one of Alexandra's oldest stone buildings.
Mitchells Cottage, started in 1880, is now one of the best surviving examples of the stonemason's craft in New Zealand.
Lonely Graves Historic Reserve is a historic goldfield’s cemetery and features two graves. It's one of the few surviving landmarks of the former Horseshoe Bend settlement on the east bank of the Clutha/Mata-au River.
Earnscleugh Tailings are a sea of dredge tailings on the banks of the Clutha River.
Whites Hut is a historic hut on an old gold mining site, which was part of the White's Reef Gold Mining Company’s claim secured in 1883.