About this campsite
- tent sites – 36
- powered sites – 100
- cabins – 2
These maps detail specific parts of the campground:
- Hot showers for campers only. These need a $1 coin.
- Washing machines and driers for campers only. Coin operated
- Wheelchair accessible shower and toilet blocks.
- Communal kitchen with jug, toaster, microwave, electric hob, fridge, freezer. Bring your own BBQ, pots, pans, crockery and cutlery.
- Cabins that sleep 3 people in a bunk with double bed at the bottom and a single bed above. Power and oil heater in room. Use communal shower/toilets and kitchen facilities. Bring own linen, pillow, towel, cooking and eating utensils. $60 per night for up to 3 people.
- Playground on the foreshore.
- Boats can be launched from the beach. The nearest boat ramp is 4 km at Ngakuta Bay.
- Wi-Fi available on payment of an additional fee.
- Public card phone on site. Mobile phone coverage variable.
- On-site shop open daily from Labour weekend to Easter for icecream, coffee, cake, newspapers, bread, milk, ice, meat, fish bait, fishing tackle, and fish and chips.
1998 Queen Charlotte Drive.
Where it is from Picton and Havelock
13 km from Picton or 17 km from Havelock along Queen Charlotte Drive, on the Grove Arm of Queen Charlotte Sound.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1678690, N5430894
- Adult (18+ years): $20 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $10 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
- Adult (18+ years): $23 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $11.50 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
- Credit/bank card payment is available on-site if you arrive without a prior booking (and there is space to accommodate you).
DOC/NZMCA campsite passes cannot be used at this campsite.
Backcountry Hut Passes cannot be used at this campsite.
Bookings are open for stays from 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021.
Bookings are required all year. Book well in advance for the peak period from 1 December – 28 February and for public holiday weekends.
Book Momorangi Bay Campground online.
A $10 service fee applies to phone and in person booking. This is a limited service, and we recommend booking online first if you can. Phone and in person booking is not available within 48 hours of when bookings open for a new season.
You can only make phone and in-person bookings with the Nelson Visitor Centre, phone +64 3 546 8210.
Email bookings are not available for this campsite.
A minimum 5-night stay applies from 26 December to the end of 5 January.
Know before you go
- No pets, chainsaws, generators or compressors allowed.
- Office hours 8 am to 8 pm from Labour Weekend to Easter. After Easter to Labour Weekend 8 am to 9 am and 5 pm to 8 pm. You need to ring the doorbell.
- All groups must include a responsible adult 18 plus.
Motorhome and caravans
All caravans and campervans that require power must have a current Electrical Warrant of Fitness (WOF), which will be checked on arrival. If your Electrical WOF is not current you won't be allowed to connect to power.
There is no dump station at this site
The nearest dump stations are 13 km away in Picton, at the NPD Picton Fuelstop and GAS Petrol Service Station. There are also dump stations at the Mobil in both Havelock and Blenheim.