Picnic Bay Campsite
Located in Pelorus Sound/Te Hoiere and Kenepuru Sound area in the Marlborough region
IntroductionThis is a scenic area with walking, sea kayaking, motor boating, kayaking, fishing and bird watching.
- Non-powered/tent sites
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Walking and tramping
Fires are not permitted at any time. See fire rules on conservation land.
Payment with a DOC Campsite Pass is preferred. Otherwise, pay your fees with cash at the self-registration stand at the campsite or to the camp warden if present. Put the correct fee in the envelope provided and place the receipt section of the envelope on your vehicle or tent.
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Child (5–17 years): $5 per night
- Infant (0–4 years): free
The DOC Campsite Pass can be used at this campsite.
Turn off Queen Charlotte Drive at Linkwater into Kenepuru Rd and follow 2 km past Portage.
Narrow, winding road.
NZTM2000: E1687688, N5439092
Latitude: -41.19527845, Longitude: 174.04645666
- All groups must include a responsible adult 18+.
- Quiet hours are from 9.30 pm – 6.30 am.
- Generators allowed from 5.30 pm – 7.30 pm only.
- Music players must be used with headphones or played at a level not audible to neighbouring campsites.
If you plan to enjoy the water, learn how to stay safe when swimming, boating and fishing.
|Whakatū / Nelson Visitor Centre|
|Phone:||+64 3 546 9339|
|Fax:||+64 4 471 1117|
Millers Acre/Taha o te Awa
79 Trafalgar Street
Private Bag 5
|Full office details|