Follow the links below for the activity you would like to apply to do.
- Applicant information form 1a – notified or non-notified process (PDF, 300K) or (Word, 368K)
- Applicant information form 1b – one off process (PDF, 177K) or (Word, 351K)
- Grazing form 2a (PDF, 247K) or (Word, 371K)
- Tenanting and/or using existing DOC facility/structure form 3a (PDF, 50K) or (Word, 352K)
- Use of public conservation land for private/commercial facility/structure form 3b (PDF, 62K) or (Word, 366K)
- Easements form 3c (PDF, 65K) or (Word, 350K)
- Land based guiding activities form 4a (PDF, 68K) or (Word, 355K)
- Water craft activities form 4b (PDF, 69K) or (Word, 357K)
- Aircraft activities form 4c (PDF, 58K)or (Word, 352K)
- Filming activities form 5a (PDF, 68K) or (Word, 380K)
- Sporting events form 6a (PDF, 78K) or (Word, 365K)
- Other form 7a (PDF, 89K) or (Word, 270K)
- Aerially-assisted trophy hunting form 8a (PDF, 148K) or (Word, 355K)
- Wild animal recovery operations form (PDF, 253K)
- Conforming guided walking permit form (PDF, 288K) or (Word, 378K)
Activities involving marine mammals
- Applicant information - activities involving marine mammals form 8 (PDF, 210K) or (Word 384K)
- Form 8a - Vessel based viewing activities (PDF, 87K) or (Word, 382K)
- Form 8b - Land based viewing activities (PDF, 79K) or (Word, 360K)
- Form 8c - Aircraft based viewing activities (PDF, 80K) or (Word, 365K)
- Form 8d - Filming of marine mammals (PDF, 96K) or (Word, 415K)
- Form 8e - Swimming/diving with marine mammals (PDF, 59K) or (Word, 336K)
- Form 8f - Update staff member, vessel, vehicle or aircraft (PDF, 90K) or (Word, 393K)
- Holding, taking, importing, exporting marine mammals for research purposes form 12a (PDF, 94K) or Word (344K)
- Holding, taking, importing, exporting marine mammals for non-research purposes form 12b (PDF, 88K) or Word (347K)
Marine reserve permits
Wildlife, research and collection activities
If you're not sure which research or wildlife authorisation you need, try our decision-making tool.
Wildlife Act Authority
- General form 9 (PDF, 609K) or (Word, 1,167K) use for applying to:
- catch, handle, release wildlife at one site
- disturb or kill wildlife or their eggs
- catch and/or hold wildlife for rehabilitation – up to 3 months
- hold wildlife in permanent captivity, if already held in captivity
- Variation form 9a (PDF, 535K) or (Word, 1,031K)
- Translocation form 9b (available from DOC).
- Marine animals declared to be wildlife form 9d (PDF, 710) or (Word, 1,51K)
- Renew authority to hold wildlife in captivity form 9e (PDF, 529K) or (Word, 994K)
- Export live-dead wildlife or parts thereof form 9f (PDF, 529K) or (Word, 984K)
- Hold dead specimen or parts thereof form 9g (PDF, 530K) or (Word, 997K)
- Transfer permit for captivity wildlife from one facility to another form 9h (PDF, 512K) or (Word, 904K)
Research or collection
Completing your application
To make sure the Department can effectively and efficiently process your application, make it as detailed as possible. If your application is incomplete it will be rejected.
International movement of endangered species
Hunting and fishing
You can apply for an open area hunting permit online, or contact the local DOC office for a restricted area hunting permit, dog permit, small game or game bird hunting permit.
You can apply for a Taupo fishing licence online.
You also need an entry permit to enter all nature reserves and scientific reserves. This includes:
For access to any other nature or scientific reserves contact the DOC office closest to the reserve.
Other application forms
There are some areas where you require a permit to take your dog onto public conservation land. See dog access on conservation land for more information.
You must get a fire permit from DOC to light any fire in the open on public conservation land. Contact your local DOC office for more information.
Viewing files on this page
If you can't view these files contact us to request another format. About our files.