Located in the Southland region
IntroductionYou can visit this amazing collection of islands as part of a guided trip. Far off the south coast of New Zealand, the islands offer rich biodiversity, stunning scenery and unique human history.
Island groups and marine reserves: Antipodes Islands | Auckland Islands | Bounty Islands | Campbell Island | Snares Islands
The Subantarctic islands are:
- a world heritage site - 30 species of endemic birds
- a world leader in conservation action through eradication of pests
- an important location for biodiversity research
- the site of many shipwrecks
- a 2 day boat journey from Bluff.
Find things to do and places to stay Subantarctic islands
You can visit the islands as part of a guided trip.
Entry to the islands requires an entry permit which is obtained through a consultation process with DOC. Permit applications are available from the Invercargill Office.
Get more information about visiting the subantarctic islands.
|Murihiku / Invercargill Office|
|Phone:||+64 3 211 2400|
|Fax:||+64 4 471 1117|
CUE on Don
33 Don Street
PO Box 743
|Full office details|