Located in Tararua Forest Park in the Wellington/Kapiti region
IntroductionThis is a standard six-bunk hut in the Kapiti region.
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
- Adult (18+ years): $5 per night
- Youth (11–17 years): $2.50 per night
- Child/Infant (0–10 years): free
Before you go, buy 1 Standard Hut Ticket (blue for adults, yellow for youth) for each night's stay. Put this in the honesty box at the hut. Or buy a Backcountry Hut Pass that gives unlimited use at most Standard and Serviced huts for a 6 or 12 month period.
About hut tickets and passes | Retailers that sell hut tickets and passes
Fees from 1 July 2023
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Youth (5–17 years): $5 per night
- Child/Infant (0–4 years): free
Kapakapanui Hut is best accessed and approximately 3 hours from Ngatiawa Road.
Tracks to this hut
Kapakapanui TrackLocated in Tararua Forest ParkThe open summit of Kapakapanui is one of the best viewpoints in the Tararua Range.1 alertDuration 6-8 hrDifficulty Advanced
NZTopo50 map sheet: BP33
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1781513, N5468231
|Kapiti Wellington Visitor Centre|
|Phone:||+64 4 384 7770|
18 - 32 Manners Street
PO Box 10420
|Full office details|