Backcountry Hut Ticket terms and conditions
IntroductionRead the Backcountry Hut Ticket terms and conditions.
- Hut Ticket fees are not refundable.
- The Hut Ticket holder is not entitled to exclusive access to a hut or any associated facilities or services.
- Hut Ticket holders must comply with all laws, regulations and reasonable directions given by or on behalf of the Department of Conservation or any other lawful authority in respect of the use of huts and associated facilities or services.
- Tickets must be shown to DOC staff or their Agents on request.
- Hut Ticket users must register at their stay in a hut by entering their name and ticket number in the hut book.
- Hut Ticket holders should observe the Leave No Trace
- The Hut Ticket is not valid for use at any vehicle accessible Conservation Campsite.
- Hut tickets are not valid for use at any bookable site.
- Hut tickets are not valid for use at any Private and Club huts.
- Hut tickets are not valid for use at Serviced Alpine Club Huts.
- Hut Tickets are invalid if tampered with.
- The terms and conditions of the Hut Ticket use, including the list of huts that are excluded, may be subject to change at any time and without prior notice. It is the responsibility of the holder of the Hut Ticket/s to check the terms and conditions for any changes.