Located in Hāwea Conservation Park in the Otago region
IntroductionThis is a standard 8 bunk hut in the Wanaka/Makarora area.
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - not treated, boil before use
8 bunk beds
This hut is on the Te Araroa Trail and can be busy over summer.
- Adult (18+ years): $5 per night
- Youth (11–17 years): $2.50 per night
- Child/Infant (0–10 years): free
Before you go, buy 1 Standard Hut Ticket (blue for adults, yellow for youth) for each night's stay. Put this in the honesty box at the hut. Or buy a Backcountry Hut Pass that gives unlimited use at most Standard and Serviced huts for a 6 or 12 month period.
About hut tickets and passes | Retailers that sell hut tickets and passes
Fees from 1 July 2023
- Adult (18+ years): $10 per night
- Youth (5–17 years): $5 per night
- Child/Infant (0–4 years): free
Tracks to this hut
Breast Hill TrackLocated in Hāwea Conservation ParkThis tramping track, taking 2-3 days to complete, forms part of the Te Araroa - The Long Pathway and connects to the Timaru River Track.Duration 2 daysDifficulty Advanced
NZTopo50 map sheet: CA13
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1310725, N5057059
|Tititea / Mount Aspiring National Park Visitor Centre|
1 Ballantyne Road
PO Box 93
|Full office details|