This short walking track begins from either the day visitor parking or the campground.
From the campground: Head through the pines, following the well-worn track. Walk along the river, through sand dunes onto the beach.
From the day visitor parking area: Follow the well-worn walking track through light vegetation. When you come to a fork in the road, you can continue straight ahead and follow the track towards the beach, or turn right and follow the track taking you to the campground.
Rarawa Beach is located in the Far North of the North Island, approximately 45 minutes north of Kaitaia.
From Kaitaia, follow State Highway 1 north. The turn-off for Rarawa Beach from SH 1 is signposted, 3 kilometres north of Ngataki.
There is day visitor parking just before the entrance to the campground.
- Sand can be very hot during the summer when walking barefoot, so light walking shoes or sandals are recommended.
- Fires are not permitted in the reserve.
Toitū te whenua – leave the land undisturbed
- Respect our cultural heritage
- Protect plants and animals
- Remove rubbish
- Do not cut or remove vegetation
- Light no fires
- Keep to the track
- Consider others
- Enjoy your visit