The overnight experience at Peach Cove Hut is highly recommended. Here you can enjoy waking up to the dawn chorus of bird song. It is a fabulous place to simply relax, sitting on the deck and admiring the natural surroundings. This hut also provides an easy yet rewarding opportunity to introduce children to the outdoor experience.
Peach Cove Hut is a serviced hut and is great for beginners as it is close to the road end of the track, with less than 2 hours to walk. Mattresses are provided and the hut accomodates up to 8 people on large platform bunks. Rainwater is collected and stored in a tank, available for use, however it is recommended that you either treat, filter or boil all drinking water.
No open fires are allowed at the hut or beaches and all cooking must be done on portable gas stoves. There are no cooking facilities provided at the hut but a selection of rough pots and pans is available.
Peach Cove Hut is located within Bream Head Scenic Reserve at Whangarei Heads. You can access the hut from:
You can also reach the hut by boat to Peach Cove.
Topo50 map sheet: AX31
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1741419, N6030747
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per night
- Youth (11 - 17 years): $7.50 per night
- Child/Infant: (0 - 10 years): free
Pay when you make a booking – Backcountry Hut Tickets and Backcountry Hut Passes can't be used to pay for use of this hut.
Know before you go
- The hut is locked. The PIN number is provided upon receipt of payment.
- This hut is unheated.
- No dogs.
- No fires (including on the beach).
- No camping in the reserve.
- Take care on Peach Cove Track steps as they have subsided over time, making them difficult and sometimes dangerous.
- Northland reserve bylaws apply to Bream Head Scenic Reserve.
Help stop kauri dieback
Kauri dieback disease is killing our native kauri. It spreads by soil movement, but you can help prevent it.
- Stay on the track and off kauri roots.
- Clean your gear before and after visiting kauri forests.