Mt Arthur Hut sits on the bushline at approx. 1,300 m. Enjoy views over Wharepapa/Arthur Range and Tasman Bay a short distance from the hut. Watch out for curious weka around the hut.
- Bunks - platform (shared) bunks with mattresses
- Water supply - cold water from a rain collection tank
- Heating - woodburner with firewood supplied (use firewood sparingly as it's only restocked once or twice each year)
- Long drop toilet a short walk from the hut
Huts have basic facilities. You'll need to take:
- Sleeping bag
- Cooking stove, pots/pans and utensils
- Toilet paper
- Rubbish bag
- Newspaper/firelighters and matches/lighter for the wood burner/fire
Times and distances from nearest road end and huts
- Flora car park: 1 hr 30 min
Flora car park is 75 km from Nelson and 36 km from Motueka.
The Motueka Valley Highway links Nelson and Motueka. Turn off this road at Ngatimoti and cross the Motueka River. Turn left onto Motueka River West Bank Road, then right into Graham Valley Road, which climbs steeply to the car park. The last 5.8 km is unsealed and turning a vehicle on the road can be difficult. 4WD is recommended at all times of the year.
- Flora Hut: 1 hr 15 min
- Ellis Hut: 3–5 hr
NZTopo50 map sheet: BQ24
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1576023, N5439296
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per night
- Youth (11 - 17 years): $7.50 per night
- Child/Infant: (0 - 10 years): free
Before you go, buy 1 Serviced Hut Ticket (green for adults, orange for youth) or 3 Standard Hut Tickets (blue for adults, yellow for youth) for each night's stay. Put these in the honesty box at the hut. Or buy a Backcountry Hut Pass for unlimited use at most Serviced and Standard huts for a 6 or 12 month period.
Read more about hut tickets and passes | Find retailers that sell hut tickets