Bark Bay is a popular campsite for school groups, especially on Monday to Thursday nights in November and mid-February to April.
It has a fireplace, gets good winter sun, and is a scheduled water taxi stop.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1604269, N5470462
In the peak season 1 October - 30 April:
New Zealand citizens and those ordinarily resident in New Zealand*:
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per person, per night
- Child (17 years and under): free but booking still required
- Adult (18+ years): $30 per person, per night
- Child (17 years and under): $30 person, per night
* New Zealand rates:
- "Ordinarily resident in New Zealand" means those:
- who hold a residence class or work visa; and
- who have lived in New Zealand for six of the previous 12 months; and
- for whom New Zealand is their primary place of established residence.
- Proof of eligibility will be required for the New Zealand rate (such as a New Zealand drivers licence, utility bill or a copy of a passport).
In the off-peak season 1 May - 30 September:
For all visitors:
- Adult (18+ years): $15 person, per night
- Child (17 years and under): Free
Bookings required all year.
Book Bark Bay Campsite online or contact:
Know before you go
The water supply is usually filtered and safe to drink. Be prepared to boil, treat or filter water if the DOC water filters are not working correctly.