About this campsite
Facilities and services
- Hot showers (campers only)
- Wheelchair accessible kitchen, shower and toilet block.
- Communal kitchen with gas stoves. Bring your own chilly bin, BBQ, pots, pans, crockery and cutlery.
- Clothes washer and dryer.
- Public card phone onsite. Mobile phone coverage highly variable.
- Cafe and shop onsite open daily for coffee, homemade pies & baking, icecreams, ice, milk & bread and some camping essentials.
View map of campground zones (PDF, 260K)
On SH6, 54 km from Nelson and 60 km from Blenheim.
The camp office for check-in is located beside the café. Next to the café is a short, unsealed, well-formed, narrow road to the campsite.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1647698, N5427996
- Adult (18+ years): $20 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $10 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
- 26 December – 4 January: Minimum 3 night stay.
- 1 December - 10 February: Minimum fee per site is two adults for up to the first two people regardless of age.
- Credit/bank card payment is available on-site if you arrive without a prior booking (and there is space to accommodate you).
The campsite pass for rental campervans cannot be used at this campsite.
DOC/NZMCA campsite passes cannot be used at this campsite.
Backcountry Hut Passes cannot be used at this campsite.
Book well in advance for the peak period from 1 December – 28 February and for public holiday weekends.
Book Pelorus Bridge Campground online or contact:
Pelorus Bridge Campground
Phone: +64 3 571 6019
Online bookings are recommended – a fee applies to phone bookings.
Walking and tramping
Several short walks start from the campsite: Pelorus Bridge Scenic Reserve walking tracks
Know before you go
We aim to provide a traditional New Zealand camping experience. Te ensure you and other campers enjoy your stay, be considerate of others and be aware of the rules below.
- All campers must report to the office on arrival.
- No pets, (cats, dogs, birds).
- Site allocation is at the discretion of the camp managers who will inform you of your site allocation.
- Office hours 8:00 am to 8:00 pm from Labour Weekend to Easter, and to 6:00 pm between Easter and Labour Weekend. If you plan to arrive outside these hours you must contact the office first.
- All groups must include a responsible adult 18 years or over.
- All caravans and campervans that require power must have a current Electrical Warrant of Fitness (WOF) which will be checked on arrival. If your Electrical WOF is not current you won’t be allowed to connect to power.
- No fires, chainsaws, generators or compressors under any circumstance.
- Unacceptable conduct (eg, nudity, violence, excessive noise) and/or behavior deemed to be publicly offensive will result in immediate removal of those concerned with no refund given.
- Music players must be used with headphones or played at a level not audible to the neighbouring campsite.
- The camp is expected to be quiet between 9:30 pm and 6:30 am.
- Vehicles and trailers must not be left on adjoining sites. A $25 fee will be charged if trailers or vehicles need to be removed.
- Day visitors must leave their vehicles in the car park by the café and walk to the campground.
- In periods of heavy rainfall the campsite is prone to flooding and you may be asked to evacuate. A flood warning system is in place.