IntroductionCamp in a mountain beech forest, beside a stream. It's a perfect base for exploring the national park with short walks close to the campsite. In winter, skiing is just up the road.
- Cookers/electric stove
- Non-powered/tent sites
- Powered sites
- Shower - hot
- Toilets - non-flush
- Water from tap - treated, suitable for drinking
- Skiing and ski touring
- Walking and tramping
Fires are not permitted at any time. See fire rules on conservation land.
Facilities and services
- Free wifi
- Powered sites, tent sites, cabins, a self-contained unit, backpacker beds and rooms, and 32-bed self-contained lodge
- Transport services to the Tongariro Alpine Crossing in summer, and to Whakapapa Ski Area in winter
- Drying room
- Hobs / bench top ovens
- Washing machines and dryers
Powered or non-powered site
- Adult (15+ years): from $22 per night
- Child (3 - 14 years): from $12 per night
- Infant (0 - 2 years): free
The DOC Campsite Pass cannot be used at this campsite.
Book online or phone +64 7 892 3897.
From National Park Village turn onto SH 48 and travel 6.4 km to Whakapapa Village. The holiday park is adjacent to the Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1819338, N5657839
Walking and tramping
A number of easy short walks start near the holiday park entrance.
The Whakapapa Ski Area is just 6 km up the road.