IntroductionStay in a cabin or lodge in the heart of Tongariro National Park, with an abundance of outdoor adventures on your doorstep. Perfect for families/groups. You can book online.
- Kitchen - basic
- Kitchen - fully equipped
- Shower - hot
- Toilet - flush
- Mountain biking
- Skiing and ski touring
- Walking and tramping
Cabins sleep up to 7 people, and the lodge sleeps up to 32. Both are popular - so be sure to book well in advance, particularly for holiday periods!
Set in mountain beech forest on the slopes of Mount Ruapehu, the cabins and lodge are the perfect base for a wide range of outdoor activities.
The holiday park is located adjacent to the Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre, and is close to the walking tracks and cafes/restaurants in the village.
- 6 cabins sleeping either 4, 6 or 7 people
- A self-contained unit sleeping up to 4 people
- Group / backpackers lodge sleeping up to 32 people in bunkrooms
- Communal kitchen and dining area
- Coin-operated laundry and drying room
- Hot showers and toilet facilities
- Internet access and Wi-Fi
- Small grocery store
- Also over 50 campervan and tent sites are available
Fees from 1 July 2023
Standard cabin double
- Weekday (Sunday to Thursday): $90 per night
- Weekend (Friday to Saturday): $100 per night
- $24 per additional adult, $19 per additional child
Standard cabin single
- Weekday (Sunday to Thursday): $85 per night
- Weekend (Friday to Saturday): $95 per night
- $24 per extra adults, $19 per extra child
- $145 per night
- $23 per additional adults, $18 per additional child
- $533 per night
Lodge private room
- $79 per night
- $21 per additional adults, $20 per additional child
- $32 per night
From National Park Village turn onto SH 48 and travel 6.4 km to Whakapapa Village. The holiday park is adjacent to the Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre.
LocationGrid reference: NZTM2000, E1819338-N5657839
There is the famous Tongariro Alpine Crossing, many walking and hiking tracks, skiing/snowboarding in winter, and mountaineering - or just relaxing and taking in the mountain views.
|Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre|
|Phone:||+64 7 892 3729|
|Fax:||+64 4 471 1117|
State Highway 48
PO Box 71029
Mount Ruapehu 3951
|Full office details|