About this campsite
- Number of sites - 47
- Number of powered sites - 34
- Number of cabins - 4
Map of campground zones (PDF, 110K)
Facilities and services
- Hot showers (campers only).
- Wheelchair accessible kitchen, shower and toilet block.
- Communal kitchen with electric elements. Bring your own chilly bin, BBQ, pots, pans, crockery and cutlery. There is one shared fridge/freezer.
- Clothes washer and dryer.
- Public card phone on site. Mobile phone coverage highly variable.
- Camp hosts will be present on site.
22 km north of Geraldine. Follow Main North Rd (Scenic Highway 72) for 8 km, turn left after the Orari Bridge into Geraldine to Arundel Rd, after 3 km, take the second left into Peel Forest Rd for 13 km.
NZTM2000 coordinates: E1460733, N5138885
- Adult (18+ years): $20 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $10 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
- Adult (18+ years): $23 per night
- Child (5 - 17 years): $11.50 per night
- Infant (0 - 4 years): free
Maximum number of people per site is 6.
The campsite pass for rental campervans cannot be used at this campsite.
The DOC/NZMCA Campsite Pass can be used at this campsite.
Backcountry Hut Passes cannot be used at this campsite.
- $50 per night - up to 2 person
- Additional adult: $15 per night
- Additional child 5 to 17 years: $11 per night
The camp is open from South Canterbury Anniversary weekend (mid-September) to the 30 April each year.
Bookings are essential. You must book online, and if eligible for a DOC/NZMCA pass discount you can claim it from the DOC Geraldine Office.
Walking and tramping
Walk to swamp forest, old logging sawpits, Acland Falls or the Rangitata River.
Fish, jet boat or raft the river. Explore the Rangitata Valley.
Know before you go
We aim to provide a traditional New Zealand camping experience. Te ensure you and other campers enjoy your stay, be considerate of others and be aware of the rules below.
- Unacceptable conduct (eg nudity, violence, excessive noise) and/or behaviour deemed to be publicly offensive will result in immediate removal of those concerned with no refund given.
- A 1.5 m gap must be keep between the sides of all tents and site boundary.
- No fires permitted under any circumstance including charcoal barbeques, braziers or fireworks. Gas cooking only.
- Recycling bins are available. Recycling items must be washed/clean before being placed in bins.
- No pets, including caged birds, cats and dogs, allowed as the campground is in a scenic reserve.
- Noisy generators or compressors are not permitted. Generators are not to be used after 10 pm.
- Music players must be used with headphones or played at a volume not audible to the neighbouring campsite.
- The facilities are provided exclusively for campers use.
- An unfenced stream and access road runs through the campground. You are responsible for the supervision of children in your care while in the campground.
- All caravans and campervans that require power must have a current Electrical Warrant of Fitness (WOF).
- Chemical toilets must not be emptied into campground toilets or drains.
- The campground speed limit is 10 km/hr
- Vehicles and trailers must not be left on adjoining sites.