Download the resource
About the activities
Activity 1: Learning observation skills using the DOC ‘Royal cam’
- Students are learning to make observations and inferences to describe royal albatross features.
Activity 2: Learning about the life cycle of the royal albatross/toroa using royal cam live footage
- Students are learning to make observations and inferences about the life cycle of the royal albatross.
- Nature of science: Investigating in science – ask questions, find evidence, explore simple models and carry out investigations to develop simple explanations.
- Living world: Ecology – recognise that living things are suited to their particular habitats.
- Living world: Life processes – recognise that there are life processes common to all living things and that these occur in different ways .
- Gather and interpret data.
- Interpret representations.
- Engage with science.
- Native animals
- Marine and coastal
Curriculum learning areas