Bushline Hut sits on the tree line at 1,280 m. It has beautiful views over Lake Rotoiti and across to the St Arnaud Range.
Just above the hut, visit the historic Kea Hut (locked) – built for the first skiers in the Mount Robert area. On the open tops above the hut, explore 2nd Basin with the old Mt Robert Ski Field buildings.
- Bunks - platform (shared) bunks with mattresses
- Water supply - cold water from a rain collection tank
- Heating - wood burner with firewood provided (although there may be periods without firewood if weather conditions prevent resupply)
- Space for camping outside the hut
Huts have basic facilities. You'll need to take:
- Sleeping bag
- Cooking stove, pots/pans and utensils
- Toilet paper
- Rubbish bag
- Newspaper/firelighters and matches/lighter for the wood burner
Times from nearest road end and huts
- Mount Robert Road on Paddy's Track or Pinchgut Track (Mount Robert Circuit): 2 hr 30 min
- Coldwater Hut: 3 hr
- Angelus Hut: 4 - 6 hr
NZTopo50 map sheet: BS24
Grid/NZTM2000 coordinates: E1585412, N5368321
- Adult (18+ years): $15 per night
- Youth (11 - 17 years): $7.50 per night
- Child/Infant: (0 - 10 years): free
Before you go, buy 1 Serviced Hut Ticket (green for adults, orange for youth) or 3 Standard Hut Tickets (blue for adults, yellow for youth) for each night's stay. Put these in the honesty box at the hut. Or buy a Backcountry Hut Pass for unlimited use at most Serviced and Standard huts for a 6 or 12 month period.
Read more about hut tickets and passes | Find retailers that sell hut tickets
Know before you go
- Always check weather conditions – strong winds can be dangerous on the tops.
- The gate at the bottom of Mount Robert Road is locked when the road is icy.
- The Mt Robert Road car park is prone to break-ins – don't leave valuables in your vehicle. A bag storage facility is available at the Rotoiti/Nelson Lakes Visitor Centre.